Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer dress fix


So I bought these two dresses at Kohl's on their clearance rack for $10 each.  I knew they might be a little short once I washed them.  They are cotton knit and I loved the style.  I actually bought another shirt that has the same elastic gathering in the middle.  One washing and they started running a little short.  I saw on Make it and Love it where she added on a ruffle and I thought.  I can do that.  So went to the store and bought material to add to both.  So far I have only got the green one done but I have the material to make the other.



I added a 6 inch ruffle on the bottom.


And a little piece at the top to keep things from showing on the top. 

I love this dress.  It is my best GO TO dress for summer.  It is so comfy and anything that doesn't bind around my ever growing tummy is wonderful.  I think I spent maybe $2 or 3 on the additional fabric and with my serger I added this really quick.  I just need to switch the thread on my serger to white and then I can finish the orange one before the summer is over.

Before (pretend it is green)

After
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. They look darling........good work! :) And gosh, they look perfectly comfy for pregnancy. Good finds! :)

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails