Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crocheted baby blanket



I began this baby blanket when I was first pregnant.  I was put on modified bed rest and so I found myself often sitting around with nothing to do.  I like to do things with my hands while I am either watching TV or when I am outside watching my kids.  So began this project.  I hoped that I would get it done before the baby was born and last Friday I finished it.  It was a very simple pattern.  That is one of the qualifiers for crocheting for me.  I need a simple pattern that doesn't require me to count, keep track of where I am or have any major things that will be all mixed up when a child decides to distract me or I put it down for "just a minute" and return 3 weeks later. 
I found this wonderful website Lion Brand Yarn and used a pattern similar to this one.  It used only one Pound of Love Yarn ball.  It was an easy pattern and I loved the simplicity of the v-stitch.  I love this website because you can find all kinds of patterns that any skill level can do.  You just look for your skill level, crochet or knit and what you want to make.  They have tons of patterns.

Here are some close ups of the edges.

 I need a baby to show you the size.  Mine ended up being about 42 by 50 inches but I never pay attention to how many rows I am supposed to make.  I actually  ended up using a different yarn to finish the edge because of it.  It isn't noticeable but I guess it would help if I didn't try and just finish the ball of yarn I had and pay attention to how many rows I needed.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really lovely! The open-weave design must make it nice and light weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I think you did a beautiful job! I too like to crochet... but it seems as if it's becoming a "thing of the past"... way to keep the tradition alive! Vicki

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails